- Date: 6.-8. November 2009
- Place: Microsoft Innovation Center, Vienna
- Participants: 113
- Nationalities: 8
- Idea pitches: 20
- Venture teams: 9
- STARTups: 3, 6 still in development phase
The second Startup Live was held in November 2009.
With the knowledge, expertise and experiences gained at the first STARTup Live, various changes of the concept were implemented in Startup Live Vienna #2. Out of twenty presented ideas, nine venture teams were formed resulting in the foundation of one company and one art project, which is described subsequently. The other venture teams are still working on their business ideas, probably resulting in new companies. High quality standards, experts and coaches with different professional backgrounds, a creative and stimulating atmosphere and an interdisciplinary and also a high class expert panel resulted in the successful STARTup Live Vienna #2. The feedback of participants and various experts as well as the outcome resulted in the proof of concept.
- Christian Nemeth (Orange, Head of Marketing)
- Gerold Weisz (Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences, Transfer Center)
- Michael Brehm (Business Angel, Cofounder of StudiVZ)
- Markus Wagner (i5invest, CEO)
- Martin Eder (Kapsch, Innovation Management)
- Helge Fahrnberger (Social Software, Founder of Toursprung and Laafi
- Bernhard Thalhammer (Senior Associate, First love capital)
Companies and Ideas
„Lange Nacht der Liebe“ is an event of an episodic filmlet. The description of the project is available at: http://www.langenachtderliebe.at/public/ dielangenachtderliebe_dossier.pdf
„Lange Nacht der Liebe“, designed as an art project, was completely developed at STARTup Live and shows the scope of the concept STARTup Live. The team of „Lange Nacht der Liebe“ was able to convince investors and company executives, participating at STARTup Live Vienna #2, to invest in this project.
Runtastic offers products and services for collecting and managing sport activities to promote sports and connect with like-minded people. Runtastic has set the goal of convincing people to do sports, thereby improving people`s health.